There is a huge demand for training in the professional beauty industry which is why for so many therapists, the next step in their career is into the training area. Treatment trends come and go, but the demand for training remains constant. Working as a therapist or a nail technician in a salon or in your own business gives you years of valuable experience. You can put this experience to use by training the next generation of beauty professionals. Targeted at beauty therapists, holistic therapists and nail technicians who are new to teaching. The GTi Teaching Certificate is recognised and accredited by the Guild.
This course is delivered online and you will be tested on each module with a set of multiple choice questions. Once the theory has been completed and passed, you will need to submit your lesson plan for the micro teach session and also submit a video of you delivering the micro teach session which should be no longer than 15 minutes.
This course can usually be completed within one week however we do not have a time constraint as you have a full year to complete this. We recommend approximately 40 hours of studying and delivery of your micro teach session.
Students are required read the course manual and complete the theory modules. Other tasks include producing a 15 minute lesson plan and filming a 15 minute video of the micro teach delivery. This will also need to be submitted through your account.
Qualifications in the nail, beauty, hairdressing or holistic treatments you wish to teach.
More about the course:
- Roles and Responsibilities of Teachers and Trainers
- Legislation, Regulatory Requirements and Codes of Practice
- Equality and Diversity
- Identifying and Meeting Individual Learner Needs
- Maintaining a Safe and Supportive Learning Environment
- Promoting Acceptable Behaviour and Respect
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training.
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches
- Teaching and Learning Approaches
- Meeting Individual Learner Needs and Motivation
- Developing Literacy, Communication, Numeracy, ICT and Wider Skills
- Types and Methods of Assessment
- Assessment Methods
- Involving Learners and Others in Assessment Process
- Sources of Information in the Assessment Process
- Constructive Feedback
- Assessment Records